Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shenzhen the Land of Leisure

We were all VERY glad to wake up early and grab an early flight out of Wenzhou to Shenzhen. But, of course a visit to a city would never be complete without a bit of drama. My question is: WHY must cab drivers feel the need to take advantage of foreigners? Honestly, I don't want to deal with your nonsense at 7 in the morning. Never in my life have I met someone as dishonest nor manipulative as this cab driver. And never in my life have I ever raised my voice like that at someone NOR do I ever want to again. After getting out of that cab ride, I just felt AWFUL for having to yell at someone. NEVER AGAIN.

I was so happy to land in Shenzhen and put behind the morning drama that had taken place. Shenzhen was going to be a happy city! I mean, HELLOOOOO it's the richest city in China! Shenzhen is filled with malls and amusement parks. That's pretty much the entire city. No, I'm being completely serious here! People in Shenzhen have the money to spend! ...as did we. After realizing that we had not been spending much of the money we had been given, the five of us treated ourselves to an amazing, 5-star dinner. I about melted in my seat from all the delicious food we ordered. Steak, salmon, sushi, curry, chicken, pasta... Well deserved treat, I say!

Window of the World Amusement Park

 
The rest of our time in Shenzhen consisted of: site visit with Lexmark, melting in the sun, haggling at the biggest electronics market, trying to see the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, drinking these REFRESHING mango drinks, and also causing a scene at said mango drink store.

I visited both of China's only stock exchanges--one in Shenzhen, one in Shanghai


Most refreshing drinks ever!

Had a wax apple for the first time. Absolutely delish!


It's always an adventure on the Blue Line!

No comments:

Post a Comment