Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Reads on My Kindle Fire

One of my favorite things ever is snuggling up and spending time buried in a book. Call me a bookworm if you'd like. While abroad, I haven't been able to read very much...and have resorted to online magazines. It was tough trying to shove books into my luggage when packing for the semester. I was able to fit 2 books: The Help and an Ann Brashares' novel. Sadly though, I blew through both within a month into my semester in Beijing.

My awesome father though surprised me and told me that he bought me a Kindle Fire! Y'all, I'm SO excited to get home and start using that e-reader. Don't get me wrong, I will still be purchasing hard copies of books! I've always been so adamantly opposed to e-readers because I absolutely love the feeling of holding onto a book and flipping through the pages. However, after spending an entire semester away from books, I've come to the conclusion that e-readers are VERY practical and am now in support.

Not only am I on the hunt for the PERFECT Kindle cover (preferably teal, chevron, monogrammed?) but I have started thinking about summer reads! My list of summer reads is growing by the day. Some will be purchased on the Kindle, some will be hard copies. Here are a few:

Love Does by Bob Goff
I've been so excited for this book since its release and haven't heard a single negative comment about it!


The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Yeah, I'm getting on this bandwagon. Gotta check out what all the hype is about.


How Remarkable Women Lead
I love me some self-help books!
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
A summer isn't complete without a Nicholas Sparks' novel!

Baby Proof by Emily Griffin
HUGE fan of Emily Griffin and her writing.

What are some "Must-Reads" on your summer list?


No comments:

Post a Comment