Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beach Week

Today, I will be spending quite a bit of time on a bus filled with high schoolers headed to Myrtle Beach. It's that time of year again, BEACH WEEK.

About a week ago, I was asked by a fabulous lady if I was interested in volunteering with the McLean Bible Church high school group, The Rock, at their annual Beach Week. As some of you may know, my heart really is with the high school ministry at MBC and have volunteered with the ministry and its house groups in the past. So, of course I agreed to lend a helping hand!

It's going to be an incredible week of fellowship and worship. I've spent the past week praying for the week and for the students. I'm so excited to see how God will use this week to change each of our lives. It really isn't just about a group of high school kids going to the beach for fun. It's about heart change. Please be praying this week for the 535 students, staff members, and volunteers! Pray that God would just open our hearts to the things He wants us to see and learn.

Thanks for your prayers!!

2 comments:

  1. your going to have a great time! I worked for MBC for over 5 years and LOVED going to beach week with the students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you were right jess! i had a fabulous time and it was VERY memorable...to say the least.

      you worked for MBC!? that's amazing! which ministry did you work with? i'm part of the college ministry The Gathering at AU and interned with KQ Bethesda last fall! LOVED LOVED LOVED!!

      Delete