Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Beach Week to Remember

I can't believe that a week ago I was boarding a bus for Myrtle Beach and now, I'm back! This was definitely a Beach Week to remember. 450-some (I think) high schoolers and 100 more volunteers in Myrtle Beach for some time in the sun, but more importantly worshipping God!

The trip definitely started rocky. Buses breaking down, buses never showing up, more buses breaking down. The drive down took longer than planned and some buses didn't even show up till 4:30 in the morning. We didn't let that affect us though. God was in control of the entire situation. But, for the rest of the week we faced bus problems. At one point, we only had 2 working buses...out of the 9. Yeah, crazy. Luckily though, that did not stop us from worshipping and having program.

I had a great group of girls. Some that I knew, and a couple that I didn't. As the week went on, I got to know each of the girls better and watched the group grow closer together. It was amazing to see how the Lord worked in their hearts throughout the week and it was so encouraging to watch them lift one another up. My favorite part, outside of program, would be small group time. This time is were major reaping happened and my heart broke, and I mean BROKE, listening to each of their stories and the obstacles they were facing. High school is so cruel these days. But, because these girls lean on the Lord, they are so incredibly strong.

Beach Week was also a huge week for me. It was the first time in six months that I attended corporate worship. It felt amazing. On top of that, God just really revealed the areas of my heart that I've been holding onto so tightly. He constantly reminded me throughout the week to "Let Go."

This past week was exactly what I needed. It was filled with sun, water, sand, laughter, tears, sleep deprivation, worship, sweet tea, and R&R. He knew that I needed R&R time with Him, and He did exactly that when Jenny asked me to volunteer.

The view from my hotel balcony. I loved waking up early every morning, sitting on the balcony, listening to the waves, and spending time with me devo's!

A great night at House of Blues Myrtle Beach

The great group of girls that I led

Some of the girls at Boardwalk on the Beach

Kudos to the amazing worship band. One of the songs that grabbed my heart this past week was Elevation Worship's Mercy Reigns. Incredible lyrics. 
Your mercy reigns | Your mercy covers me
Your grace sustains | Your grace is all I need


No comments:

Post a Comment