Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: John Mayer

If I ever get around to living | It's gonna be just like I dreamed
I'm gonna take the love I'm given | And set it free

It's been quite awhile since the last installment of Tuesday Tunes. My apologies! But, we are back on track. To kick off this homecoming, this week will feature John Mayer's Born and Raised. Please tell me that y'all have picked up this album. For the past month this has been a regular on my iPhone and it is a well deserved honor.

I am beyond elated of John Mayer's comeback. I hope that his medical concerns are laid to bed soon because I would love nothing more than to see him live again. After waiting so long for a new John Mayer album, I was so excited for Born and Raised to hit the market. The album is a little different than his previous work, but you know John Mayer, he's a musical genius. Born and Raised is the perfect summer roadtrip soundtrack. It truly takes you to that sunny day, driving down the road, passing the mountains. John Mayer creates this laid back feeling with the acoustic guitar and blue-grass feel.

My favorites on the album include: Queen of California, Shadow Days, If I Ever Get Around to Living, and Love is a Verb.

Hey John Mayer, thanks for this summer gift. Get better soon so I can see you live and swoon.


Karen's New Picks of the Week: Jason Reeves' Songs are Silent Films and Jesse Ruben's Thoughts I've Never Had Before, Part 1.

Happy Listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment