Sunday, June 10, 2012

Welcome Back Home

"Welcome back home to the United States Miss Kong."

It felt absolutely incredible hearing those words when I went through customs at the airport. After a long 24 hours of traveling, I finally arrived home and reunited with my family! My surprise upon returning to the United States after 5 months? My amazing parents surprised me with a BRAND NEW CAR. That story, along with pictures, will be saved for another day.

I have officially been home now for a week and 3 days. How would I describe being home? AMAZING. Slowly, I'm getting back into my routine and adjusting to the American culture again. No more shouting across restaurants!

The past week has been filled with coffee dates, lunch dates, and dinner dates. Lots of food! But, I will take the calories because it simply means I get to spend quality time with family and friends. I have even gotten back to a little bit of babysitting. Who knew babysitting meant so much to me? It felt so great to be reunited with some of the families and kids this past weekend.

On my flight from Fuzhou to Beijing, we were able to see the beach! What an incredible view.


Dinner date with one of my best friends since freshman year, Lesley, at Raku! ...we both were Instagramming. Social media addicts?


Finally got my cupcake fix at Lilly Magilly's!

Trying out Chef Geoff's for the first time with Maritza. Can you tell we were absolutely excited?


Besides shoving food in my face, there are some fun things happening in the life of Karen and am so excited to share them with y'all through the next couple of weeks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment