Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Tunes

autumn never seemed this cold before
here I am sleeping on the floor
we changed just like the leaves
outside my house


I would just like to start off by saying: Happy First Day of Classes to my AU friends! Wish I were with you guys today.

While my friends are toting around their backpacks, going to new classes, reading through syallbi, I am once again hitting the road. The past few days have been very relaxing at home but my bags are repacked and I am about to head out to Richmond for a couple of days. No worries though, I have not forgotten Tuesday Tunes! I leave you with Jon McLaughlin and Sara Bareilles' "Summer is Over."


What a PERFECT collaboration. These two are a couple of my most favorite artists (did you notice both of their names are missing the conventional "h"? CLEVER.) and this song is absolutely perfect. Their voices are simply...soothing. Amazing lyrics, amazing harmonies, amazing song. "Summer is Over" pretty much puts words to that feeling I get when summer comes to an end. You hit that point where you know that you have to let go of everything that has happened over the summer and what you've felt because it's time to return to reality. Oh summer, you're such a tease.

So, I'm off to Richmond and I hope that you all will fall just as much in love with Jon McLaughlin and Sara Bareilles' "Summer is Over" as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment