Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hello from Beijing

Hey guys! I am here...in Beijing. So incredibly surreal for me. It still hasn't hit me that I'm in a different country.

Getting on the plane was, as expected, tough. I was fine until I had to leave my parents at the security checkpoint. At that point, I started feeling the tears well up in my eyes. Thankfully, my seatmate was so sweet and I was able to talk to someone and preoccupy myself for the 14 hour plane ride. The hotel I stayed at last night was BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could've stayed there forever. It was right down the street from the Olympic Bird's Nest and that Water Cube thing. SO GORGEOUS! Chinese New Year is still going on right now and I was able to sit on my balcony last night at the hotel and watch the fireworks.

Beijing has been great so far. Like I said, I still don't feel a difference but it will come soon enough. I mean, I already felt a little homesick last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment