Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Catch Up Session!

Oops, oops, oops! I have COMPLETELY fallen off the blogging wagon. I have now been in Beijing for about a week and a half and have yet to write a single post. Deep down, I think the real reason why I haven't blogged about my time in Beijing is that I don't want to be a debbie-downer and vent about not having fun.

I guess it's catch up time! (In reality, this post is for my parents so that they can read all of my thoughts)

Classes are officially underway and life is beginning to pick up in Beijing. The past week and a half has been overwhelming, relaxing, different, and humbling all at once. I have yet to experience culture shock and to be quite honest, I don't think I will come face to face with it. On the other hand, I do miss the States. I miss being able to easily communicate with people (yes, I speak Chinese but let me tell you, it is VERY difficult to understand the Beijing accent), grab a coffee at Starbucks and sit there for a long period of time, walk freely on the streets without worrying about getting run over by a car, use normal bathrooms, eat without wondering if the toilet will be my best friend in a few hours, and so on and so on.

What I miss the most though is biblical community. This past week I've had tons of free time just to reflect on life back at home and I have come to the realization how much I took for granted biblical community. This past week I've been LONGING for community, an accountability partner and being able to dump all of the feelings that I have compacted within. There's so much that I can say about this that I will simply have to devote an entire post tomorrow on biblical community and church in Beijing.

My time here hasn't been ALL that bad. I know I make it sound like I'm miserable but I'm really not. Everyday I learn something new in Beijing. This city is insanely fascinating and it never gets old. It's filled with surprises. The food in Beijing is insanenly delicious and I could spend all day eating. Problem is, the gym is quite pricey and it's not like I can put on my running shoes and run on the streets. A) I will most likely get hit by a car, bus, bike, or any moving vehicle in general. B) I will probably choke to death on all the smog. C) I will probably freeze to death. But, I will continue to eat and put some of those Pinterest workouts to use! In a few days I'll try and post a few pics of the AMAZING food that I've eaten.

Another thing that I love about Beijing is my internship. Once things are finalized I'll give details but until then, know that if anything were to keep me in Beijing forever, it'd be my internship. This will seriously launch my career in the sports and entertainment industry. I honestly cannot even contain my excitement over this internship right now.

There's just so much going on in my mind right now and it's been an extremely encouraging day. Things are looking up and I'm going to continue walking through each day with an open mind. That's all I can do right?

Thanks for bearing with me and I apologize for this LONG post. I promise I'll blog more consistently so I don't dump all of my thoughts and experiences in one HUGE post.

No comments:

Post a Comment