Monday, February 27, 2012

Tuesday Tunes

I have been in Beijing exactly one month now. I honestly can't even wrap my brain around this because it doesn't feel like it! In a way it feels like time has flown by but there are times where I feel as though I've been here forever. Only two more months of classes and three more months until I am on a plane headed home! Don't get me wrong, I really am enjoying my time here in Beijing. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else. Life in Beijing is just different and there are aspects of the US that I miss. But, there are some things that I love in Beijing. So, happy one month anniversary Beijing!

This week's Tuesday Tunes feature: Jessie J.

Jessie J is one talented girl. I will admit though, I wasn't a huge fan of "Price Tag" but once "Domino" hit the radio I instantly became a fan. She has one incredible voice and her songs are always so catchy! Off her album Who You Are I'm loving the following songs in no particular order: Domino, Who You Are, Nobody's Perfect, Casualty of Love, and Abracadabra. Such a catchy album.

I came across her cover of Rihanna's "We Found Love" on Youtube the other day and that is ALL I've been listening to. Is it awful that I kind of prefer it over Rihanna's? The cover showcases Jessie J's vocal ability and the control that she has. She put her own touch into the song and that's what makes it so awesome! Also, she did it live. Mad impressive. That is a clear indication of talent right there.



What have you all been listening to lately? Anything that I must check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment