Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day and First Day Interning

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I know for a fact that when I start having a family of my own and have kids, Valentine's Day will be a big thing in my household. Decorations, sweets, cute things EVERYWHERE. No doubt about that! This time last year I was having so much fun decorating my Little's (who is currently studying in London for the semester!) room for Big/Little week. I remember distinctly emailing her the night before/the morning of Valentine's Day and warning her that I will be vomiting Valentine's Day all over her room.The stress of that week was well worth it though. I absolutely loved spoiling her and to say that I'm in love with her is an understatement. She's FANTASTIC and so happy that she is in the Strong Family.

Few Highlights from Little's Big/Little Week Last Year

 Didn't know how to rotate the picture so just tilt your head. First night was My Favorite Things night. Yes, those are mix CDs hanging from the ceiling.

Valentine's Day! Red velvet cupcakes+Nutella+strawberries. PERFECTION. And plus some mini valentine's around the room.

Beach night! This was definitely an adventure. I brought along my friend Kelsey that night and had some fun!

My Little Claire (cMm) and I at last year's Unity. Yup, total coincidence that we're both wearing black lace dresses. We were simply meant to be. Miss this girl so much!

This Valentine's Day was spent in Beijing interning and skyping with friends! As some of you may know, today was my first day interning at Octagon. It wasn't a full day but still, I went into the office! It was quite a commute (about an hour or so) and it was my FIRST Beijing rush hour traffic commute experience. I totally forgot to take a picture of the metro today because there are absolutely no words to describe the volume of people on the Beijing metro. You are packed in like a sardine and you can barely move even a millimeter. People push you onto the car and people push you off the car. You simply have to go with the flow of things I guess. To say I was overwhelmed just doesn't cover it. But, I love my office, the staff, and the environment. I'm going to be working on some awesome projects and helping with one of the company's biggest accounts. Oh, and did I mention occasional free concerts?

OOTD for my first day interning! (sorry mom that my back is slouched. I'll have better posture next time!)


Back to preparing my presentation about Apple and the Fair Labor Association auditing...in Chinese. OH, and sorry I've steered off from my Tuesday Tunes and Pinterest Wednesday schedule. I'll have a combined post tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment