Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Confessions

***Posting this half an hour early tonight. Falling asleep and there's no way I can stay up till midnight to post it up! So yes, I have 2 posts on Sunday. Pretend it's Monday morning.***


 

This is my first ever link-up on my blog. I'm super excited to be linking up with Alyx over at Every Day is a New Adventure. It's Sunday Confessions time. I know it may not be Sunday in Beijing, but it is still Sunday for all of my readers back in the States.
1. Did I really stay in most of the day, do homework, study, and dance around?
Yes, yes I did. Sundays are my most favorite days here in Beijing. They are the complete opposite of my Sundays back in the US. Here in Beijing, they are so much more relaxed, quiet, and free. I stayed in most of the day studying, watching some shows on Hulu (aka let me sit here while you buffer), lounging in my UGA shirt and leggings, and dancing around singing along to Ben Rector like a fool.
2. Postcards are the way to my heart.
It was such a coincidence that I wrote about my fabulous Strong Family yesterday and a few hours later received a postcard! While I was being an oh so normal person dancing around to Ben Rector and belting his lyrics, I saw from the corner of my eye a card being slid underneath my door! I thought it was an advertisement at first but nope, it was a postcard from my sweet, sweet Little cMm all the way from London. It most definitely brightened my day even more! I'm beginning to think that my love language is gifts. However, I think quality time is still my primary one.
3. I ate an entire plate of strawberries by myself...and may head out and buy some more.
I took a break earlier and went out to buy some fruit! I came across a tray of strawberries that looked absolutely delicious and fresh. Why not? They were only a little over two US dollars. Came back, washed them, and DEVOURED them. Super sweet and it totally hit the spot! I'm about to head out to dinner and am thinking about buying another tray! My room smells delicious because of the strawberries!
4. I bought and enjoyed a McFlurry yesterday.
You gotta understand, I don't eat McFlurries often. Probably once or twice over the course of a year. Maybe even less. But this has been a very long, long week and I was starting to get a bit homesick. My roommate and I decided that we needed to cure this feeling fast so we went out and treated ourselves to a McFlurry. Um, best decision ever. It was quite the adventure ordering it but I will confess, I thoroughly enjoyed that Blueberry Oreo McFlurry. No guilt!
5. I am a self-admitted Pinterest addict.
I cannot stop pinning. All the outfits on Pinterest are giving me so many cute ideas and is stirring this desire to go shop! My mom and I came up with a plan. One of the first things we'll do when I get back to the States will be a shopping trip to Arundel Mills Mall. I can't wait! Watch out Loft, J. Crew Factory, and all the other stores on my list!


Have any confessions you want to get off your chest?

5 comments:

  1. sometimes i go to mcDonald's just to get the ice cream,,

    and the fries. i know it's junk food and all, but i still think mcD fries is so so good here in indonesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikskie, sometimes you just need some ice cream and fries! Ultimate comfort food! I have noticed that the mcD fries in China are way better than those back in the US!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh. So I just read your first confession then wandered off to discover this Ben Rector guy, and can I just say THANK YOU! I'm loving what I'm hearing so far!

    Sigh. Strawberries. I haven't had those things in months. Now I really want some!

    Ditto that for McFlurry.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! Isn't he amazing! If you like him, definitely check out Dave Barnes and Steve Moakler. You will simply melt.

      I will mail you some from Beijing...somehow?

      Thanks for hosting the link up Alyx!

      Delete
  3. mmmm, mcflurry, yumyumyum!

    ReplyDelete