Saturday, February 11, 2012

Forbidden City

I can't believe that I have only been in Beijing for two weeks exactly. I was on the bus talking to my friend Rachel and we were saying how it feels like time has flown by but at the same time, it feels as though we've been here longer than two weeks. Does that make sense? It does for me!

I won't write too much today; instead, I'll overload you all with photos. A group of us spent our Saturday morning/afternoon today wandering the Forbidden City. These pictures honestly do not do this place any justice. The details and the magnitude in terms of size can not be captured in a picture. It was beautiful! And I would love to thank the weather for cooperating. It was warm, which is now a relative term (40 degrees is warm), and set the tone for a great "tourist" day. Unfortunately, we didn't go to Wangfujing. I'm waiting for it to get a bit warmer and I will definitely be visiting one evening. Wangfujing just seems more lively during the evening time. Afternoons? Lame.

Tiananmen Square
 Walking up to the Forbidden City.
These girls keep me laughing all the time. Ab workouts.
This is only the entrance into the palace. It's a maze in there...hence, Forbidden CITY.
My friend Rachel and I clearly looking clueless. LOVE her bag. It's like a tealish/aqua color. Totally snagging one of those.
Emperor's Seat
Cutest little girl EVER....until she did something completely unexpected. whomp.
My roommates and I
Dragon steps. Look at all of that detailing. How amazing is that?
Oh hi, don't mind me. I'm just being the typical tourist at the Forbidden City snapping photos.
Goodbye Forbidden City! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment