Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Tunes & Press Conference

I am dedicating this Tuesday Tunes spotlight to Westlife, an Irish boy band that has been together for 14 years. Yup, you read that correctly. FOURTEEN years.

This afternoon, I got to meet these guys through my internship. Arrived at the office bright and early, got some work done, and by 10:30am Jenny (my co-worker) and I were out the door headed to MasterCard Center (previously known as Wukesong) to set up for Westlife's press conference. The band will be performing tomorrow night at the MasterCard Center as one of their stops on their Farewell Tour. I had no idea that an Irish boy band was so popular in China! The last time they were here in September, the show completely sold out. Seriously??

Jenny and I spent an entire day running around prepping for the press conference. Such a great learning experience! After the press conference we filmed a few ID's for tomorrow night. Those guys are absolutely hilarious and their accents? AWESOME. Throughout the presser, they kept saying "lads." LOVE IT. One of the things I wasn't use to today was speaking music industry/production jargon in Chinese. I struggled through it but I made it through the day! It never hurts to try and as I spoke more and more in Chinese, the easier it got.

Here's one of Westlife's most popular song in China. "My Love" is currently plastered everywhere in Beijing. MasterCard has some great branding! (hehe) The guys sure don't look like this anymore...

Staff Badge

This backdrop in the green room only took Jenny and I about an hour and a half to put together. Major struggle bus there. Who thought it was a good idea to let two girls under the height of 5'4 to put this contraption together? Thank goodness someone finally stepped in and helped us!

All set and ready for the press conference to start

Priceless Beijing

Seats are filling up! Presser about to start

Back in the green room filming ID's for MasterCard!

Alright, time to get studying on Chinese and attempt to get some rest for tomorrow. It's going to be an even longer day but always exciting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment