Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monthly Goals--February

I definitely have to do a better job at posting my goals up at the beginning of the month. I have them written down in my journal at the beginning of each month, PROMISE. Can you believe that we are almost halfway through the month of February already?? How did I do in terms of my goals in January? Progress report down below!

January Goals:
  1. Pack everything into one suitcase and one carry-on (With the help of my mother I was able to do this. What would I do without her?)
  2. Say all my goodbyes with as little tears as possible (So incredibly tough, especially since I went to campus a couple of days before I left. But, COMPLETED.)
  3. Physically get on a plane and go to Beijing (Oh, there were definitely second thoughts.)
  4. Read at least 2 books (YES. I read two amazing books--Heart of the Matter and The Help. Totally recommend both! ...although I did get very upset reading Heart.)
  5. Finish studying the book of 1 Corinthians (Such a great book teaching about the body of Christ and living in community.)
  6. Continue keeping up with the new blog (I wish I could cross this off but I most deifnitely did not keep up with the blog. Whomp)

February Goals:

1. Explore Beijing--GET OUT! Have conversations with the locals. Experience the culture. Work those negotiating skills.
2. Conquer Chinese--This is a super intense class. Gotta nail those dictations and essays!
3. Be intentional in my relationships in Beijing
4. Join student organizations--I can't wait till the native Beida students get back to campus. I want to socialize!
5. Immerse myself in biblical community--I'm so excited to start getting involved with BICF!
6. Commit to my quiet times
7. Excel in my internship--Dream internship, here I come! I always want to make that extra effort
8. Keep up with the blog--...no matter how bad things get!



Today was an awesome, awesome day. I got off campus, explored a shopping mall, and met with the director of the Young Adults ministry at BICF. The world is so small, let me just say. Who knew we would know some of the same people? WEIRD. But, it was amazing to sit with someone and just talk about what God has done in our lives and what He's doing. It was also really encouraging to hear what God's doing in Beijing. To say I'm encouraged would be an understatement I guess. Talking to Jason kind of took the nerves away and I'm starting to feel as though it's going to be a growing semester for me. It's time to put on my big girl pants and face this city!


No comments:

Post a Comment