Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Tunes | Beyonce

When I leave this world | I'll leave no regrets
I was here | I lived, I loved

Anyone else still on a high after Beyoncé's Superbowl performance? It's been 2 days now, but I'm still thinking about her ridiculously amazing Halftime Show. There were mixed reviews from the general public but here are my thoughts.

I thought it was AMAZING and I had to contain my excitement. *I've been looking forward to this Halftime Show since it was announced.* Many of the general public claim that it was completely overrated and the vocals weren't there. Hey now, she is an ENTERTAINER. If you wanted her to put on the Grade A+ vocals that we all know she has, then it wouldn't showcase her incredible dancing. She sacrificed a little bit of her vocals to provide ENERGY + ENTERTAINMENT. If you wanted vocals, did you hear the snippets of Love on Top and Halo? My favorite part of the show was seeing Queen B do her thing. How fabulous does she look? She gave birth a year ago! Oh, and the Destiny's Child reunion. Loved it but was kinda happy to see that Beyonce kicked Kelly and Michelle off-stage during Single Ladies. Let B do B.

It's been two days since that Pepsi Halftime Show and Beyoncé's album 4 has been on my iPod rotation. I've attached a lot of my study abroad experience in Beijing along with this album. Throughout my semester abroad, this album was always playing at least once a day. My favorites off this album include: Love on Top, Countdown, 1+1. BUT my favorite one of all: I Was Here. Some GREAT lyrics in this one!

Here are the Grade A+ vocals!
Placed my thoughts into a beautiful song. Thanks Beyonce!

No comments:

Post a Comment