Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Tunes | Tyrone Wells

You here with me tonight | Kicking it on top of the world
And I think that we should stay here | I could pretend that I don't care if you say goodbye

Tyrone Wells' album, This Love, was released at the end of last year and yet I love it more and more with each listen. The day the album was released, John even texted me asking if I got the album because it was AMAZING. First off, duh John. Do you even know me? Secondly, if John says it's amazing, that says a lot. Glad I was able to help him appreciate good music.


It's an incredibly beautifully written and produced album. It's a happy CD that walks you through the stages of a relationship. There isn't a breakup involved but there are still sad lyrics at times. Love and relationships are not always perfect. Even in strong relationships, there are ups and downs and Tyrone Wells captures that with this album. The last song is so sweet. It's a song dedicated to his newborn daughter at the time, Aria. When I first heard it, I felt awkward. It was as if I was intruding on a private moment. But, I think he just wanted to profess his love to his first child and to give listeners a peek into the love he has for her. 

A few of my favorite tracks: A Beautiful Place to Be; This Love; Make it Through; Already Falling; You and Me on Top of the World; God Would you Help Us

Here's a little sample of the album with "A Beautiful Place to Be." 

He's coming to NoVa this spring for the Spring Tour for This Love and I can only hope that I'll be able to go! Darn you classes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment