Monday, February 4, 2013

R&R in Boston

This is one overdue post! Better late than never, right?
Right before the start of the semester, I took a mini two-day vacation to visit my best friend Whitney in Boston. **side note: can we please just pause and take a moment to freak out over the fact that it's my FINAL undergraduate semester??** While I loved exploring Boston, my favorite part during the two days was spending some quality time with Whitney.
Whitney and I have known each other since my second week of college and has quickly become one of my closest friends. It's crazy to think that we've only known each other for three years because it feels like a lifetime. We have both gone through so much together!

What did we do during my visit?

1. Be a Student
Both Whit and Josh are in seminary so I got a little feel of what it was like Friday morning when I sat in on a Missions class with them. It was absolutely fascinating. I wish I were paying more attention and not answering emails! Oops...

2. Be Tourists
As you can see, it was a wee bit cold when we went out and a wee bit cloudy/gloomy.

3. Eat our Hearts Out
I joked with Whitney that I would need to bring stretchy pants for the trip because as you all know, I live through food! We made a trip out to this AMAZING pastry shop in Little Italy called Mike's Pastries. The most delicious cannolis EVER. We got the cookies and cream one as well as the peanut butter chip. OH MAN. Whit and I were in Dessert Heaven!
As Washington, DC natives, we just HAD to make a trip out to Newbury Street and visit Georgetown Cupcake. People probably gave us weird looks as we were total tourists and took pics in front of the store. I actually LOVED the Newbury location. It was a very open space compared to our usual Georgetown and Bethesda locations. PLUS, at 3 in the afternoon, they also had the free flavor of the day available: Lemon Coconut! MmMm DELICIOUS.

4. Cardmaking/Painting Nails
Aren't these staples to a girl's sleepover!? Nothing like card making and painting your nails with the best polish: ESSIE.

5. Get hooked to West Wing
As many of you may know, over break I got myself HOOKED to the show West Wing (thanks to Kate, Kendall, and Peter!). I have legitimately become emotionally attached to Mr. President, Sam, Josh, Leo, Tobi, CJ, and Charlie. Don't laugh but I cried during the Season 1 finale and the Season 3 finale. I don't mean a few tears, I mean...waterworks. As I type right now, I am currently in the middle of Season 4. *SPOILER: SAM SEABORN YOU BETTER NOT BE LEAVING* I can't get enough of this show! WELL. During my visit to Boston, I successfully got both Whit and Josh hooked too. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I would like to say that my mini-vacation to Boston was an absolute success. By Sunday, I didn't want to leave! Whit and I have decided that we need to see each other more often. This whole every 6 months thing isn't working out very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment