Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Tunes | Rihanna & Mikky Ekko

This post is coming ridiculously late tonight. But, I figured that since I'm sitting in class insanely bored, I might as well catch up on blogging.
Anyone watch the Grammy's the other night? There were SO many highlights from this year's awards show. Did y'all feel a different vibe this year? It wasn't some trashy or cheesy show. There was class, great music, and a true celebration of the music industry.
My top rated moment of the night is HANDS DOWN Justin Timberlake's performance but I will save that fan-girl reaction for tomorrow. My second favorite performance of the night was from Rihanna and Mikky Ekko. I've been HOOKED to their collaboration, "Stay" for awhile now and that has been amplified 100 times since Sunday's performance.

First off, can we just pause and give a shout out to Nashville? HUGE successes coming out of that great city. How awesome was it seeing Mikky Ekko on national TV? I was beyond ecstatic for this guy. He deserves it! Such a great talent.

I typically associate Rihanna with catchy Top 40 radio pop songs. But "Stay" is different. It's probably my favorite song of hers. It's slower, great lyrics, and in my mind this song highlights her talent.

Give it a listen! What are your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment