Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Jason Reeves

Words won't say what you are so I won't even try
Suddenly I know I love you till the day I die


One artist that I haven't shared with the rest of the world (because I'm selfish!) is Jason Reeves. Y'all may have heard of this talented guy from Colbie Caillat. He co-writes with her quite often and is frequently featured on her albums! Way back when, when Colbie Caillat was first breaking it out into the scene, my dad took me to a small local venue to see Colbie Caillat. Her opener that night was Jason Reeves and I instantly fell in love with this guy. His music and lyrics are simple. No frills, just raw words. It was so refreshing to hear him and since then, I've been hooked. He's been my little secret for the past 5-6 years.

A couple of weeks ago Jason released a new album titled: Songs are Silent Films. He has such a distinct sound and I love it. This album has been on replay for the past few weeks. The songs are so...real and relatable. Who can't relate to love? There were times where I found myself tearing up at the lyrics and memories from the past popped up and attached themselves to certain lyrics. It's just THAT good!

My favorite track on the album is definitely "You're My Best Friend." Some runner-ups include: "Back With Me," "I'll Never Leave You Again," and "Nobody Else Could Be You."


Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment