Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Funny story. I actually had a Tuesday Tunes post all written up and ready to go live but I guess my mind had a different plan. I try and steer away from Youtube because once I get on there, I can't stop! It's a bit of a problem at times (aka when I should be studying). But, last night I decided to go on Youtube and surf around. Like I said, once I start, I can't stop. Not only did I stay up late last night on Youtube, but I woke up extremely early this morning and  continued to watch videos.

Have y'all seen that new show Opening Act on E!? That is legitimately something I want to do in the future: talent searching! I channeled my inner Nigel Lythgoe last night and searched for some talent. In reality though, I watched videos of my favorite artists. Down below are just a few favorite videos/artists of mine. Definitely check them out!

1. Pentatonix
Y'all remember my love for the acapella quintet Pentatonix? Check out their rendition/mashup of Bieber's As Long As You Love Me and Perry's Wide Awake. Prepare to have your mind blown.

2. Dave Barnes + Steve Moakler + Ben Rector + Andrew Ripp
I've written about Dave Barnes and Ben Rector before for Tuesday Tunes! Steve Moakler was actually lined up for today and Andrew Ripp in a few weeks. Coincidence, I think not? This video is actually perfect and I wish I could have been at this show. 4 of my favorite artists ever? The only person missing? ...Matt Wertz.

3. Chelsea Lee and Jason Reeves
Another two amazing artists! Remember my feature on Jason a couple of weeks ago? Well, here he is with Chelsea Lee, whom I also love! I actually heard this song live a couple of years ago when a couple of friends and I went to their show at Jammin' Java. Simply incredible voices!

4. Scott Hoying and Luke Edgemon
Y'all, I may be in love with Scott Hoying's voice. How can you not be mesmerized? This cover of Call me Maybe is actually hilarious and pretty much is a diva/sing-off. And yet...it's still better than the original.

Happy Listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment