Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Pentatonix


Please tell me that y'all know Pentatonix! No? Well, good thing that we have Tuesday Tunes! This acapella quintet made its way into the spotlight through the NBC show The Sing Off. I have never heard more intricate, genius, amazing arrangements than the ones these guys somehow magically create. It honestly is...music to my ears!

Last week, they released their EP, PTX, Vol. 1, and I was immediately floored by the tracks. Lead singer, Scott Hoying has the most incredible voice and he's only 19 or 20 years-old?? Ridiculous! But each member plays such an imperative role in this quintet. If one member were missing, that's a huge piece. I mean, give it up for the percussion duo! Avi on bass and Kevin beat boxing! Magicians, I tell you!

My favorite tracks on the EP: "Somebody that I Used to Know" cover (hands down my favorite) and "Love You Long Time."

Pentatonix's cover of "Dog Days Are Over" was simply mindblowing!

Support Pentatonix and check out their newest EP!

Happy Listening!

2 comments:

  1. I love Pentatonix! Good stuff writing this entry. My favourite now has been Starships, definitely started liking the song more after their rendition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! Aren't they great?? I have to agree with you about Starships. Not a fan of the original but they arranged it so well!

      Delete