Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Tunes

DAVE BARNES NEW ALBUM!

I have been awaiting this day for months now. It is finally here and this album is BLOWING MY MIND. It's been on replay for the past 54 minutes (the download started promptly at midnight) and I absolutely can't get enough of it. The entire album is phenomenal and there are no filler tracks whatsoever. Dave Barnes, you never fail me. It's his sixth album and he still finds a way to amaze me time and time again. Do you think my grandparents will be humming Dave Barnes by the end of the week? Most likely!

I love the title of the album Stories to Tell. The album is just that, Dave Barnes singing stories to us. It's beautiful and quite intimate. We're getting a little glimpse into his life and what he has experienced. They may be his stories but it's so relatable to any person. You've loved someone before right? You've missed someone before yeah? You're growing up aren't you? You've left home before? See, it's such a relatable album!

Picking a favorite will be tough. Each song is its own story and is so well written, recorded, and produced. I honestly can't pick. I've been sitting here thinking and debating and I CAN'T! Maybe in a few weeks a favorite will emerge. You all, seriously go and check it out. When have I ever failed you all when it comes to music?

Don't you all love the album cover? It's simple yet totally approriate!

Happy Listening!

PS I'm also loving the release of Passion 2012 album, White Flag. The song "White Flag" is just amazing!!

PPS Spring Break Day 1 and 2 update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment