Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break

Walking home tonight, I passed by three wedding receptions. I guess it's wedding season?

As you all know, I spent the past 6 days in Fuzhou for Spring Break. There are three words that best describe this past week: food, family, and relaxation. It's been wonderful (hence the lack of posts). Fuzhou is completely different than Beijing. The past two days have been nice and hot with 70 degree weather while Beijing is not so nice with cold weather in the 40s and 50s. The weather called for snow in Beijing today...is this serious?

Other than the weather, Fuzhou is so much cleaner, the air is WAY better, its less crowded and there's also something else that I can't put my finger on. But, I was able to stuff myself with delicious food, including nice green vegetables. Oh, how I've missed my vegetables! One other thing that I will cherish from this trip would be spending time with family, for sure. I was lucky enough to visit my great-grandparents twice this week. They're getting up there in terms of age so any time that I get to see them, I jump at the chance. I was also able to meet one of my uncles for the first time...ever. Weird, right? We all went out to dinner tonight and he is hilarious and like I said, time with family is always my favorite!

I guess I should throw in some pictures. One thing I need to work on is taking pictures. I don't take nearly enough! Such a pity...

View from my room

I got a haircut while in Fuzhou! Don't know if you can tell but it's a lot shorter, thinner, lighter, and it has a few layers.

Clams anyone?

My ride around town the past few days. Oh how I held on for dear life on this thing.

Compilation of the photos my grandparents have of my brother and I. Can't believe we've changed so much through the years...but thank God we did.

One of my supermarket finds--Birthday Cake Oreos. yummmm

Cherry Blossoms at one of the parks we went to

Bakery. Absolutely DELISH

Family! Aunt+Grandma+Cousin


Hope you all have/had a wonderful Spring Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment