Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Always Be Prepared

Lesson learned.

Last night I was completely caught off guard by a dinner invitation from a family friend. I had been up since 6:30am going to class and then my internship. Around 5:30pm I received a phone call from this family friend's secretary saying that I was invited to a dinner. When I asked what time dinner was going to be, he said that someone was already on his way to pick me up. Talk about short notice! I had no time to even get ready for dinner! My nails were a mess, no make-up, hair was up in a pony tail and I didn't even have a nice outfit on! At least I had a blazer on? I pulled myself together as best as I could and was swept up by the driver.

Lesson of this entire story? ALWAYS be prepared no matter what. For all you girls out there, carry around a little bag in your purse with some emergency essentials!

1. Hairties
If your hair is a hot mess, simple way to fix it would be to pull it up into a ponytail or a clean and simple bun.

2. Facewash
Nothing better than a fresh face!

3. Makeup
Ok, so maybe not this much but do carry around the basics. Anything is better than nothing!


4. Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Nothing too crazy or bulky. Those travel sized ones at any drug store or supermarket works just fine. Who doesn't want a nice fresh smile?

5. Business Cards
You should always carry a few in your purse because you never know who you'll meet!


See? 5 simple things that you should always carry around so that you're never caught off guard. You'll be ready for any meeting, dinner, lunch, or date! 




No comments:

Post a Comment