Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to Reality

What a "Monday Blues" kind of day. My flight back to Beijing last night was delayed a bit so I didn't get back to campus until 10pm. The second I walked into my room I hit the books (after I Skyped with my mother of course). It was a complete shift in mentality and it was back to reality for me. Some of you may think that I wasn't too smart in putting off my work till the last minute but I wanted to truly have a break from school. No regrets whatsoever. But, the Type A side of me did get some studying in throughout the week. There was no way I could've felt comfortable leaving EVERYTHING for the last night. Staying up late the night before my first day back in class was definitely not what I expected. I woke up exhausted (I will never get use to the sound of an alarm clock) but at the same time completely rejuvenated. My Chinese professor probably thought so too as I participated more than usual and did well with my presentation.

Yup, burnt the midnight oil translating my resume into Chinese. Took quite awhile...

Time for my body to get back into the swing of things. There's a week full of classes, assignments, presentations, events, and interning that there is absolutely no time to waste. Only 6 more weeks of official class and then the study trip! Counting down the days...


No comments:

Post a Comment