Monday, March 26, 2012

Tuesday Tunes

I am absolutely in love with John Mayer. He is and has been one of my favorite musicians throughout my life. His last album, Battle Studies, was a bit disappointing in my opinion. I think my dissatisfaction towards the album had a lot to do with his Rolling Stones interview that was released around the same time. It was just a very big turn off altogether. On top of that, the sound just wasn't the same "John Mayer." What happened to the classic John Mayer? I missed the old him.

A few weeks ago it was announced that John Mayer was going to release a new album on May 22nd. Excitement began to brew and then the new single was released. I was a bit hesitant at first but after a few seconds into Shadow Days I was in love. The old John Mayer is back! ...at least in this single. Give it a listen. It's FANTASTIC.

I'm a good man, with a good heart
Had a tough time, got a rough start
But I finally learned to let it go
Now I'm right here, and I'm right now
And I'm open, knowing somehow
That my shadow days are over
My shadow days are over now

John Mayer, my friend, and I on my 16th birthday at his Continuum tour. It was a beautiful night!!

Counting down the days until the release of Born and Raised on May 22nd. Can't wait! In the meantime, give Shadow Days a listen.

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment