Monday, April 16, 2012

Closing the Book on a Chapter of My Life

A few weeks ago, we said goodbye to One Tree Hill. Y'all are probably thinking: Is this girl really blogging about One Tree Hill? Yes, yes I am. The show was so much more than a teen television show. It may have started out that way but through the years, it morphed into something we couldn't even have imagined when the show first premiered. It's a story about family, friendship, love, and growing up. But more importantly, it was a story about grace, belief, dreams, forgiveness, hope, and redemption.

I can't believe that after nine years, this show has come to an end. Within the past nine years, I've grown to love each and every one of these characters. As Peyton, Haley, Brooke, Nathan, and Lucas changed through the years, I did too. It was sad to see the show end, but it brought me to a reality. I have to close the book on this one chapter of my life and begin writing the next chapter.

My teenage years are officially over. In a few months, I will be twenty-one years old. Terrifying thought, right? As much as I want to hold onto the life of being a teenager, it's time to let go. If One Tree Hill taught me anything, it's the lesson that as happy as you think you are now, things change. People change, circumstances change. You're not always going to love high school or college. We're meant to keep moving through these different chapters of life.

I've seen the characters on the show change so much. From high school, to post college graduation, to adulthood. Life doesn't promise to be an easy road for you to breeze by. I truly don't think it's meant to be. Only through challenges will we become stronger and better.

I'm terrified of the future. I know that there are tough times to come, but I'm ready for that. With challenges will growth come. At the same time, I'm not afraid to dream big. Dreams are what push us to become better.

The series finale of One Tree Hill was so much more than what I could have ever asked for. We saw who each of them were nine years ago and who they are now. Gavin DeGraw even came on the show and performed. Needless to say, my heart melted into a big puddle of sappiness. My favorite part was the ending voiceover where each of the characters pitched in.



So yes, I did blog about One Tree Hill. There may be more posts to come about the show. I don't know. But what I do want to leave y'all with is that, don't let your fears hold you back. Fear is normal but that should only light that desire even more. No matter how bad the circumstances may be, it's never the end. Never lose hope.

1 comment: