Monday, April 9, 2012

Goodbye Beach, Hello School

Waking up early Monday morning and doing homework before class was rough. I already miss the beach!

Qingdao Day #2

The day started off early as we wanted to take advantage of our last few hours in Qingdao. Did we really go to the Tsingtao brewery at 9am? Yes, yes we did. It was really cool to see the history of Tsingtao beer as well as seeing the current manufacturing and packaging system. There were cans and bottles of Tsingtao beer being filled, labeled, and packaged. I can't even imagine having a job that requires me to stand all day and stare at cans and bottles! My favorite part of the brewery would have to be seeing the marketing and PR of the company through the years. I gotta admit, it could use some work. The funniest part though would have to be the Drunk House. It was this interactive/optical illusion building and it definitely threw me off balance as I walked through. Definitely an attractive spot of brewery tour.

After our ridiculous 9am tour of the Tsingtao brewery, we took a mini tour of the city while sitting in a cab en route to the beach. The city is quite beautiful with its Western influenced buildings. Back in the day Qingdao was controlled by Germany so the city is filled with German influences. It was so pleasant to see pretty single family homes in China. The little things that I miss!

Day 2 on the beach was even more fabulous than day 1. We were on a true, legitimate beach (not the pier) and it was sunny and balmy out. I had an absolute blast sitting around, baby watching, and spending time journaling. I swear, I was made for the water. There are very few things that beat the sound of waves crashing, the smell of saltwater, the satisfaction of sinking my feet in sand, and the feeling of sun-kissed skin.

Appropriately, we ended our Qingdao trip with a seafood feast! Qingdao was fabulous and a great de-stressing weekend.

Tsingtao Brewery


too many wedding photo shoots on the beach

riding first class on our way back to Beijing! ...not worth it. seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment