Monday, April 30, 2012

Hanging out at The Bund

There was no way I could write 3 days worth of Shanghai fun in one post. It would be a novel.

Day 2
We woke up the second day refreshed and ready to take on Shanghai. Who cares if it was suppose to rain! One hour into our day we realized that rain wasn't necessarily going to be our main problem of the day. Instead, humidity was our biggest enemy. I was definitely not expecting Shanghai to be this hot or this humid so early! Nevertheless, my roommate Andrea and I braved it and spent the day exploring The Bund. The area is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Shanghai. Historic western buildings, modern skyscrapers, terrific shopping with multiple plazas, and a beautiful Huangpu River waterfront.
Best way to spot The Bund? The Oriental Pearl Tower!

A few snapshots of the day for you!

As much as I love seeing the landmarks of a city, I will admit it's not my favorite part about traveling. In my opinion, the best way to experience a city is through their food. I am a lover of food and the best part of my second day in Shanghai was eating, of course! We stumbled across this great food court where there were desserts everywhere and a few other very interesting food stands. Let's just say, a ton of business ideas were firing away in my brain as I walked through this area. It really brought out the differences between Shanghai and Beijing. Shanghai is a city that loves cute desserts as well as...CUPCAKES.

Not entirely sure what these are, but they looked too beautiful to eat!

Donuts are a HIT in Shanghai.


After browsing the stands for a long time (more like drooling), we finally decided on a french fry stand. The line was long so we figured that was a good sign! Who knew Montenegro knew a thing or two about french fries? There were too many options to choose from! The most popular selection was the Japanese Wasabi one as well as the Honey Mustard one. Unfortunately, they sold out of both flavors! So, Andrea went with the chili on regular fries and I opted for the cheddar/mozzarella on zesty curly fries. We topped the order off with an order of chicken nuggets. BEST DECISION EVER.

I asked this kid for recommendations and he suggested the chicken nuggets. Smart kid!
 
Dreaming of these at this very moment.
 
 
Day 2 in Beijing left me with a full stomach and very satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment