Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fall Semester Planning

One of my favorite things about college is registration! It can be insanely stressful but after a couple of semesters' experience, I have it down to a science...kind of. But, I do like the planning aspect of it and I'm certain that I like the planning part more than the actual being in class part.

My fall schedule planning has been especially difficult. Being abroad doesn't make it easier because I can't easily swing by an advisor's office and have my questions answered. There are so many classes that I want to take (i.e. Entertainment Communications) but unfortunately, I don't meet the prerequisites since I am not a Communications major. Seriously now? I totally think I have the work experience to make up for it. Other than that, it seems as though all of the classes I want to take are offered at the same time. What makes it even more difficult is that most of the specialization courses only have one single block. It's been frustrating to say the least.

One of the biggest decisions that I needed to make was whether or not I wanted to intern next semester. I have been interning or working every semester since my first semester of freshman year. So, the idea of not interning has brought this uneasy feeling into my mind. I don't want my future employers to think that I've been slacking off! But, with a "Swiss-Cheese" schedule and a heavy course load next semester, not taking on an internship is the wisest decision for me. So, please don't judge me! I'm still volunteering all the time!!

Well, wish me luck as I register tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment