Tuesday, April 24, 2012

...Club La Bamba???

I AM STILL ALIVE.

Finals has got me in a completely crazy state of mind. I never would have thought finals abroad would be stressful but let me tell you, I definitely underestimated Beijing. I have been swamped with papers, presentations, and studying for those finals. The amount of time that I've logged at Starbucks is quite impressive and the baristas all know me now (I do spend about 7-10 hours a day in there).

What my days have been looking like since last Friday.


Tomorrow night. 10pm. I will officially be done with finals! One more day of interning on Thursday and then I'm off for a two-week study trip down the coast of China. Unfortunately I still have a paper due a week after the trip but we'll push that aside for now. I'm qutie excited for this two-week trip because it pretty much equates to two-week time of relaxation and site visits. Not sure how I'm going to pack my entire room up though. ...I guess I should think about that now...

As we're getting ready to wrap up this semester, I realized that it's time to start saying goodbyes. I absolutely hate this part. Some of the greatest friendships have been created in the past few months with a couple of people outside of the CSI program. Tonight we decided to get together one last time for dinner! We headed to this fabulous place called La Bamba. My chimichanga was divine but the music was...questionable. We were having a great time eating and chatting away when all of a sudden the music was cranked up and the lights completely dimmed down. Oh hey, Club La Bamba?

But nevertheless, I had a fabulous time with my roommate Andrea and our friends Marcus and Leah. (Just realized we didn't take pictures!) It was a well deserved study break. I love the fact that we can have such a deep and meaningful conversation one minute and the next we're talking about Carly Rae Jepsen and other things that have us dying from laughter. I'm going to miss those two so much! Saying goodbye was too tough BUT we already have plans for a DC trip as well as trip to visit Leah and learn how to wind surf.

Alright, BACK TO STUDYING.

No comments:

Post a Comment